Monday, February 25, 2013

Still in Mobile

I forgot to mention in my last post that we are going to stay in Mobile for a month.  It looks like an interesting area and campground rent is cheaper by the month.  By staying longer, there is no pressure to get out and run to see something every day and you can soak up the local culture better.

I went to the big local flea market on Saturday and picked up some fruit and vegetables.  Came home and made some pico de gallo with fresh tomatos and cilantro.  We had some barbecued ribs and potatos au gratin in the freezer, so Mom fixed them last night and I made some cooked cabbage to go with them.

There is a public library about a half a mile from the campground so I try to walk over there each day and read the paper.  When it quits raining here, I will try to get some pictures of the beautiful trees around here to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment