Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mardi Gras

Wild hogs are a big problem down here, rooting up the grassland and trails.  The refuge is participating in a test program to eliminate them.  I was invited to join them on Tuesday to watch the process.  It was an interesting day.  Here are some pictures of what the land looks like in one of the refuge units.  Most of the land is accessible only by driving on the levees.



Last night I went to a Mardi Gras parade, I didn't want to leave Louisiana without seeing one.  It was a very nice parade and I enjoyed it.  Here are a few pictures.  Plenty of souvenirs for sale before the parade. 


And then all of the floats throwing beads.  As usual, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger.


















2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think you were right to make it to a parade. It looks really neat!
    -Your Sioux City Parade Buddy (Becca)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think YOU should have been on a float, then throw out lots of beads! Sounds like you are having a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete