Saturday, October 28, 2017

Georgia Life

As we near the end of our second week here, I realize that time has passed quickly again without me posting on here. I am having issues with transferring the iphone pictures to this computer, and my blogger ap won't work with the latest firmware upgrade on the phone, so long story short I have to transfer the pictures from the phone to Janice's computer, load them on a thumb drive and then copy to my computer. First of all I have a few from when we were in Alabama. There are a lot of nice hiking trails at the campground there with views like these.




To celebrate Vicki's birthday, we went to the Red Pearl in Birmingham. It is a Chinese restaurant and market. They have a lot of interesting foods for sale there like these ducks.



The next day was Saturday, so Phil and I headed to the Collinsville Flea Market. I love these big southern flea markets, so many things to look at. 




This has been a busy week at the soup kitchen where I volunteer. I have spent every morning there in the kitchen.



They have a really nice dish washing station that I use quite a bit.


Fixing collard greens.



Janice finished up a lap quilt for Mom this week.



We went to the library one day and picked up some more books that they donated for the library here at the campground. Someone had taken all of the ones that we put in it last spring. In my spare time this week, I installed an antenna on the roof for my 2 meter ham radio and installed a new cd/radio in the dash. Our old one finally died on the way down here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your efforts to post the pictures! I enjoy them. Nice quilt, Ma! Sounds like you've both been busy! -Becca

    ReplyDelete