Sunday, February 2, 2014

59th Birthday in Bossier City

We headed north to Bossier City on Thursday.  It was a fairly short drive, with a few icy looking bridges along the way.  We finally drove out of the last signs of snow about 30 miles from here.  They have a really nice office and visitors' center here at the Red River National Wildlife Refuge and our site next to it is great.  We have full hookups and the lake is right behind us.  The workers here are really nice.  I am still learning all of my opportunities here, I have been unlocking the boat ramp gates in the morning and locking them at night.  Friday I worked with their intern putting up signs.  Saturday I was assisting fishermen with the rules at the new boat ramp in the morning and worked on learning the ropes in the bookstore in the afternoon.  It is raining a lot here today, when the weather clears up, I will try to get some pictures to put on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment