Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow in Louisiana

We had a little snow and ice here at Eunice yesterday so we just stayed here in the campground.  It didn't snow much at all but it came with freezing rain so the snow was icy and slick.


This is the ice on our withshield.


We have had a flock of these birds hanging around the campground pecking the ground for bugs. They wouldn't touch the bread that Janice threw out for them.  I'm not sure what kind of bird it is.


As I was posting these pictures, I found a couple more in the camera that we took in Mississippi of some of the chainsaw carved oak tree stumps left from Katrina.



We are headed to Bossier City, LA tomorrow.  We are going to be staying at and volunteering at the Red River National Wildlife Refuge there for the next month.  I am looking forward to it, it should be interesting.
See this Refuge website for more information on the Refuge.  I hope to be able to take a lot of pictures there.

No comments:

Post a Comment