Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday in Sioux City

Time is really flying here in Sioux City.  We have visited with a few friends, been to some Dr. appointments and spent some time with Rebecca's family.  Wednesday I spent most of the day replacing a roller under one of the slides on the motorhome.  I thought it was going to be relatively easy, but I hit a snag.  To get it out after unbolting it, I had to cut out a section of the framing under the motorhome.  After getting the new one in and adjusted the piece had to be patched back in.  A lot of work, but it is operating well now.
When we came back to Iowa with the van, it had a lot of "stuff" in it.  When we traded back to our Jeep in Des Moines, we had to leave some of it in the van.  Andrea and her girls met us in Missouri Valley yesterday evening so we could get the rest of it.  We had supper there and a good visit.  Mary even taught me some ballet steps in the parking lot of the truck stop and had me practice them there.
Today we were watching Rebecca's kids for her and Mark and the boys went to the park with me. R. took some pictures there.





This one has no people in it, but I really liked the shapes and shadows.  If only my photos would come out so well!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE KIDS!

    All that 'stuff' that we accumulate in life. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott is pining over lost opportunities, wishing there was a Ballet Grandpa video on Youtube...

    ReplyDelete