Sunday, November 20, 2016

A Lunch to Remember

We took a little drive around Little Rock after Mass today, keeping a eye out for a local restaurant for lunch. We try to avoid the chains when we can in order to sample the local specialities. We drove through the Little Rock National Cemetery which I hadn't realized was here. Quite a sobering visit.







Just around the corner we spotted the Ms. T's and Dora's house, which advertised down home cooking with a little bit of love. I knew right away where I wanted to have lunch.


A look at the menu confirmed that we had come to the right place.


Janice had the baked chicken and dressing, yams, corn, and white and brown beans, and I went for the ribs, purple hull peas & okra, and squash. Oh yeah, don't want to forget her pound cake and my sweet potato pie. I normally like my ice tea unsweet, but there it was not available here, so we went for the sweet tea which was homemade and delicious. All I can say is that the food greatly exceeded my high expectations. You never know when trying a new place, but we hit the jackpot here.



The young man in the picture was our waiter and did a fantastic job! Wished we lived closer, I would probable be there eating too often!


We are taking the afternoon off here and plan to head on south tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment