Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Little Walk

I had a little friend on top of a post that I was stapling wire to the other day.  Scorpions are real common here, they like to hang out under the bark on pine logs that you pick up.  It sounds like they have a nasty sting but I hope to avoid it.


Janice and I walked down to the cabin by the gate today and picked a few oranges. Sure is nice to be able to pick them fresh from the tree and they taste great.


The cabin near the front gate is used by students and others some times when they stay here. Most of the time it is empty, so we used the front porch for a little while to enjoy our oranges.



We are both having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit without snow.

2 comments:

  1. We haven't found an cantankerous critters here but give us time. The gators are far enough away that they aren't a problem. Haven't see snakes or ocelots or bobcats but they're around I'm sure.

    I can surely understand the difficulty getting into the Christmas Spirit without Snow! Same here. That said -- I'm thoroughly enjoying going Christmas shopping in my shirt sleeves. No guilt there.

    We are really liking this place. I did not expect to find it so appealing; we've been here for one short visit before and I didn't get enough time to realize the advantages.

    Have fun in Fl!
    Peter & Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any Christmas decorations up yet? -Your Favorite Daughter

    ReplyDelete